City Detox | Single Day Workshop April
Time & Location
About The Event
The 24 Hour City Detox Workshop
Unplug, cleanse, reconnect.
We love city life.
However, the constant ongoing exposure to traffic, noise, internet, parties, computers, cell phones, lights, people, and concrete walls can get a bit tiresome and exhausting. Although we seem to be connected 24/7, we end up feeling lonely and a bit drained.
Constantly bombarded with flashy ads, bad news, consumerism, pop music & movies, social media and self improvement, we lose touch of what matters to us as human beings. We become desensitized and spend too much time obsessively thinking and too little time feeling.
In the end, we drown out our own intuition and gut feeling by keeping busy, all the time.
We believe that the answer is not self-help, but a radical detox from the city.
Who is this workshop for?
We've designed it specifically for people
- seeking to live simpler, cleaner lives
- thinking in loops all the time without making progress
- feeling stuck living in stories of the past
- thriving to make a career in the arts or any creative calling
- feeling disconnected and lonely despite constant connection
- wanting to enhance their awareness of the present moment
- needing a break from life as it is
- desiring deeper, more nourishing relationships with other people
Who is it not for?
We don’t recommend it for people
- wanting an external authority or guru to change their lives
- strictly attached to their own beliefs about how the world should be
- who can’t be without screens, devices and creature comforts for a week
When in doubt, just reach out to us and have a chat.
This is a workshop in simplicity.
We want you to leave with less than you came with. We want you to regain trust in your own intuition and the power to say no to things that are not benefiting you in leading the life of your choice. We want you to give up all false conceptions about yourself and get out of your head and back in touch with your surrounding and fellow participants.
To that end, we are all going to give away our phones, computers, and other electronic devices. We will leave behind alcohol and all other stimulants for the time of the workshop, including coffee.
(note: facilitators love coffee and drink alcohol, we’re not purist of any kind. This text is written on a computer, too. But we also know the importance of leaving those things behind for a while to reconnect to our bodies, nature, and other people).
What you will get out of this workshop:
- a renewed sense of clarity on what you want to do in your life
- the recalibration of your senses (including a healthier sleeping routine)
- a break from the hyperactive nature of city life
- increased awareness of your own experience
- skills for direct communication
- learn to ask for what you want and say no to what you don’t
- the ability to get yourself out of obsessive thinking
This workshop is designed to help you unplug from the Matrix, reconnect to your inherent strength and creativity, and meet new people in the process. You will learn (or remember) how to ground yourself in the present moment and sharpen your skills in simply noticing what’s there in front of you – no new-age stuff, far-out spirituality or guruism involved.
About the Eco Lodge
The workshop is held at Cascada Elysiana, an immersive Eco Lodge and Retreat Center in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle with a private 58-meter waterfall, hiking trails, and a yoga deck. Located 25-minutes outside of the surfer hotspot Dominical, the Retreat Center is a reforestation project, 30 years in-the-making, now home to toucans, monkeys, and even sloths.
More about Cascada Elysiana here: www.CascadaElysiana.com
- General Registration$55$550$0